There is no lack of information on Federally Qualified Health Centers. However, what's out there is a hodgepodge of confusing, sometimes conflicting information that often leaves more questions than answers. We have endeavored to point you in the right direction to answer your questions, and we've included links to trusted resources to supplement the information on our site.
According to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), FQHCs:
- Qualify for funding under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act (PHS).
- Qualify for enhanced reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid*, as well as other benefits
- Serve an underserved area or population
- Offer a sliding fee scale
- Provide comprehensive services (either on-site or by arrangement with another provider), including:
- Preventive health services
- Dental services
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Transportation services necessary for adequate patient care
- Hospital and specialty care
- Have an ongoing quality assurance program
- Have a governing board of directors
*Certain tribal organizations and FQHC Look-Alikes (organizations that meet PHS Section 330 eligibility requirements, but do not receive grant funding) also may receive special Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME AN FQHC OR PARTNER WITH ONE?
FQHC Germane works with many types of organizations, including Primary Care Associations, Hospital Systems, Behavioral Health Centers, Medical Practices, Academic Institutions, and Not-For-Profit Community Organizations.
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Development of new FQHCs & Look-Alikes
- Hospital system/FQHC partnerships
- Integrated primary care/behavioral health
Let FQHC Germane work with you to determine the best strategy for your organization. Contact us today by filling out the form below.
Learn more about FQHCs on our FQHC University page.