Transitioning to ICD-10
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
HHS has issued a rule finalizing October 1, 2015 as the new compliance date for health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses to transition to ICD-10. During this MLN Connects™ National Provider Call, CMS subject matter experts will discuss ICD-10 implementation issues, opportunities for testing, and resources. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
- Final rule and national implementation
- Medicare Fee-For-Service testing
- Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Grouper (MS-DRG) Conversion Project
- Partial code freeze and annual code updates
- Plans for National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
- Home health conversions
- Claims that span the implementation date
Medical coders, physicians, physician office staff, nurses and other non-physician practitioners, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers, laboratories, and all Medicare providers
The presentation for this call will be posted at least one day in advance of the call on the MLN Connects™ National Provider Calls and Events web page. Select the call date and scroll to the "Call Materials" section to locate the slide presentation. A link to the audio recording and written transcript of this call will be posted under the "Call Materials" section in approximately 2 weeks following the call.
Registration will close at 12:00 p.m. ET on the day of the call or when available space has been filled.